Friday, November 17, 2017

Dear Elon Musk: Please Post the Nurburgring Time for the Roadster

Unless you’re a caveman communicating with drawings in a cave, you’ve heard about the new Telsa Roadster by now. I don’t need to fill you in the news but I will say at first glance it’s really impressive, and it looks fantastic. 0-60 in 1.9 seconds and the 1/4 mile in 8.8 seconds! With specs like that, it will smoke any other production car on the planet. In a straight line that is. You see, the one thing conveniently missing from the spec sheet is the weight. And as we car guys & gals all know, that’s a pretty important performance factor once the road starts to bend.


Normally I wouldn’t have a bone to pick but in this case, I do. Originally, I wasn’t a big fan of Tesla, however, over the last couple of years, I’ve started to warm up to them. And this Roadster certainly doesn’t hurt that. But Elon Musk, as genius as he is, is making an extremely bold claim in his quest to “smackdown gas cars.” The claim is front and center on the Roadster website: “The first supercar to set every performance record and still fit seating for four.” With that I say, Mr. Musk, if you are going to make claims like that, please post the Nurburg ring time.






The post Dear Elon Musk: Please Post the Nurburgring Time for the Roadster appeared first on Moto Networks.