Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Comment on Hemmings Auctions: Crawl, Walk, Run by Scotty G

I think you’re right, Brakeservo. I shouldn’t have been so harsh on BaT commenters. Certainly, with hundreds of thousands of dollars a day in auction sales, it’s a serious site and there are seriously knowledgable and world-class readers and bidders there. But, it seems like there are very few actual, serious questions about the vehicles and it’s more about being a forum for future internet stand-up comics. I can’t see Hemmings evolving into that, or I hope it doesn’t.
And, true again on shipping. I use UShip as a place to start to get a ballpark shipping cost but I’ve had good luck keeping the phone numbers of drivers that I’ve had great luck with and calling them directly. UShip adds about 25-30% to the shipping company’s fees from what I understand and many shippers are more than happy to go around that if they can.