Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Comment on Hemmings Auctions: Crawl, Walk, Run by Mike Riecken

Scotty, you hit the nail on the head about Bat! I have been a follower for many years. I have bought and sold on Bat as well as recommended it to friends that have done the same. I have seen a huge upswing in senseless commenting about how they used to own one in college and exploded a keg in the back seat then sold it to a guy and he hauled fertilizer in it, yada, yada, yada…. I’ m sorry but I really don’t care what your personal experience was back in 1978! None of that helps me make an informed decision about actually buying it!
I want to either learn more about that type of car in general, OR, if I am a prospective bidder, I want to learn more about the vehicle itself.
I restore cars for a living and still work 10-12 hours a day. I don’t have the time to sift through mindless commentary trying to find some useful bits of information .


There, I said it and I feel better… If Hemmings can keep the mindless banter separate from actual buyer information, I think they will knock it out of the park. Good Luck Hemmings! I WILL be watching. Oh and thanks for the shirt… 🙂