Monday, July 8, 2019

Comment on How Lee Iacocca leveraged the K car’s success to save Chrysler by Jack Weiss

I bought a new, 86 or 7 Plymouth Voyager when we had our 2nd and 3rd child at once (twins). I was going to by a basic Caravan when a black with silver pinstriping Voyager drove back onto the lot. Wire-wheel hubcaps, tinted glass (making ape sounds ala Tim Allen). Even though it was about $3000 more, I had to have it! Within the 3 year engine and powertrain warrenty, the motor mount broke. The dealer said it wasn’t covered because it was “attached” to the engine, rather than the engine itself. Nothing “attached” to the engine was covered! I had a 25 year old AH Sprite with the original motor mount bolts and they were still good. No deal…I had to pay to have it replaced. Damn I was pissed.