Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Comment on The motorcycle that re-wrote the rulebook, Honda’s CB750, turns 50 by Murray Neufeld

Hey Brian. I had a 05′ Shadow Sabre up until about 2 and a half months ago. An accident took it out from under me. I picked up an 07′ H-D Road King a couple of weeks after and is my current ride. That Sabre could run circles around that H-D. I’m now constantly checking stuff on the Harley. The thing heats up like a blast furnace. It’s a barge to move around a parking lot with the engine off. I never had to haul tools with the Honda. Gas, oil and a new pair of tires is the only money I ever spent on it. No fuss, no muss. The H-D is a Drama Queen with a capital DQ. Nobody noticed I even rode a bike when I had the Honda(been riding since I was 10, 46 years ago)I get the Harley and now everyones my buddy. Sheesh. I dont buy any H-D product, just fluids needed for the engine. No shirts, leather jackets or other rah rah gear. That way nobody bothers me in the coffee shop. They don’t know it’s my bike out there. I tell people it’s not the Right bike, it’s my Right Now bike. I’ll go Triumph, Indian or Yamaha next time. Honda made and continues to make an amazing machine. I tell it to anyone I talk to, which is always the Import riders. I try not to have much to do with the H-D crowd. I’m sure the Harley crowd wants to tear me apart now but at least I’ve been on at least 7 other machines that weren’t Harleys before I got this one so I do have an opinion based on experience. The CB 750 has always been a beautiful machine and still is.